You can tell a lot about a man from his grooming habits from skincare and haircare to shaving and fragrance, you. To help make things a little easier for you, we’ve put together a men’s grooming guide on how you should be doing it and the products you need to succeed.
1: Give your skin a thorough wash, especially on the areas you want to shave
2: Use hot water and put on pre-shaving oil.
3: Shave with the grain and then parallel to the direction your hair grows in - never against!
4: Use a recommended post-shave balm to rehydrate and cool the skin.
TIP: Using oil on your beard will soften and condition the hair and ultimately makes the beard look more healthy. One of the most recommended beard oil will easily be absorbed and won't sit too heavily in the beard.
We may love polka-SPOTS on our clothes but when it comes to our faces spots are a definite no-no. Everyone suffers from redness, bags under the eyes, wrinkles and our biggest problem spots!
How do you fix this?
- Wash your face.
- Apply a cleanser all over your face except over your eye area.
- Steaming loosens dead skin cells, dirt, and oil plugs.
- This step gets rid of black heads and dead skin cells.
- Get in touch with your feminine side and apply a facemask. Facemasks are wonderful to reduce redness, puffiness, discolouration, spots, wrinkles and smooth’s your skin.
- This puts the PH back into your skin as you would of scrubbed rid of a lot during the exfoliating part.
- Eye cream. Apply under your brow bone and under your eyes, including the inner area by your nose. This step restores the eye area as it minimises dark circles and puffiness.
- Moisturise! I strongly recommend an oil-free moisturizer. Spot prone skin reacts worst to oil base products.